Saturday, August 15, 2009

on saturday

I usually like to do my laundry, scrub the bathtub, and make copious amounts of food. To be followed by bubble baths and books and tea. I failed in all of these things today, struck down by an evil toddlerfeverbug. Mostly I pouted about. Here are some pictures of a couple Saturdays ago, where I managed to do more.


Like grind up the gargantuan zucchinis from my garden with chunks of chocolate into the most moist delicious cupcakes ever.


The zucchini was so large that it also provided enough bounty for my first ever successful batch of zucchini pancakes. Paul and I have tried on multiple occasions, using various methods, to get our damn zucchini cakes to stick together. This time I used pure instinct, egg, breadcrumbs, and parmesan.


And enjoyed the bounty outside, amidst my drying laundry.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

IS THAT MY VERY HANDSOME SON WITH SHORT HAIR???????????????????????